How long will the course take to complete?
There are two options:
- The standard Student Wellbeing Ambassador Programme (SWAP) – this takes at least six weeks for students to complete. That’s because there are six lessons, and each lesson is released in weekly gaps. This is done so that students have time between lessons to complete the various ‘Live It’ tasks that help them to try out the ideas from the course for themselves.
- The SWAP Flexible Course – this can be completed in one day, or any other time frame that fits with your needs. It comprises the same six lessons as the standard course but the lessons can be completed at any time, with a total of around four hours of learning.
How long will each lesson take to complete?
There are 6 lessons and time to complete each one will vary, but generally they take students around 40 minutes. To give you an idea, this is what each lesson involves:
- 3 videos of 3-6 minutes each
- 3 pieces of research to read
- 3 short quizzes about the videos and research
- A short exercise to try out one of the techniques from the videos (eg, thought logs, breathing exercises, etc)
- A download to use for the subsequent week (lesson one is a sleep diary)
- A campaign page where students are encouraged to think about how they will start sharing their new wellbeing expertise with others
- A final lesson quiz, the successful completion of which means that students can download the lesson certificate, which is actually a set of notes so they have something to remember what they’ve learned.
Can I access the course myself to see what my students will be doing?
Of course! When you login as a teacher, you can click on the words Student Wellbeing Ambassador Programme – that will take you directly to the course.
How do I start enroling my students?
Before you start enroling students it is worth asking your IT department to whitelist emails from these two domains:
Then, when you are ready to start adding students, there are three options:
- If you have a manageable number of students, you can enrol them manually – full instructions here.
- If you have a large number of students, you can enrol them in bulk using a CSV file – full instructions here.
- Finally, you can download a list of enrolment keys to hand out to your students in any way you wish – full instructions here.
How do I change the password / email address for one of my students?
- Login by using the Teacher login button on the homepage
- Click on the check-box to the left of the name of any of your students
- You will see the options to edit their details and/or send them a new password