How long will the course take to complete?
The Student Wellbeing Ambassador Programme (SWAP) can be completed in anything from one day, to a number of weeks or months – whichever time frame fits your needs. It comprises of six lessons each of around 40 mins, with a total of around four hours of learning.
How long will each lesson take to complete?
There are 6 lessons and time to complete each one will vary, but generally they take students around 40 minutes. To give you an idea, this is what each lesson involves:
- 3 videos of 3-6 minutes each
- 3 pieces of research to read
- 3 short quizzes about the videos and research
- A short exercise to try out one of the techniques from the videos (eg, thought logs, breathing exercises, etc)
- A download to use for the subsequent week (lesson one is a sleep diary)
- A campaign page where students are encouraged to think about how they will start sharing their new wellbeing expertise with others
- A final lesson quiz, the successful completion of which means that students can download the lesson certificate, which is actually a set of notes so they have something to remember what they’ve learned.
Can I access the course myself to see what my students will be doing?
Of course! When you login as a teacher, you can click on the words Student Wellbeing Ambassador Programme – that will take you directly to the course.
How do I start enroling my students?
Before you start enroling students it is worth asking your IT department to whitelist emails from these two domains:
Then, when you are ready to start adding students, there are three options:
- If you have a manageable number of students, you can enrol them manually – full instructions here.
- If you have a large number of students, you can enrol them in bulk using a CSV file – full instructions here.
- Finally, you can download a list of enrolment keys to hand out to your students in any way you wish – full instructions here.
How do I change the password / email address for one of my students?
- Login by using the Teacher login button on the homepage
- Click on the check-box to the left of the name of any of your students
- You will see the options to edit their details and/or send them a new password