How long will the course take to complete?
The Student Wellbeing Ambassador Programme (SWAP) can be completed in any time frame that fits with your needs, from one day to six months. It comprises six lessons which can be completed at any time, with a total of around four hours of learning.
How long will each lesson take to complete?
There are 6 lessons. The time to complete each lesson will vary, but generally they take students around 40 minutes. To give you an idea, this is what each lesson involves:
- 3 videos of 3-6 minutes each
- 3 pieces of research to read
- 3 short quizzes about the videos and research
- A short exercise to try out one of the techniques from the videos (eg, thought logs, breathing exercises, etc)
- A download to use for the subsequent week (lesson one is a sleep diary)
- A campaign page where students are encouraged to think about how they will start sharing their new wellbeing expertise with others
- A final lesson quiz, the successful completion of which means that students can download the lesson certificate, which is actually a set of notes so they have something to remember what they’ve learned.
Can I access the course myself to see what my students will be doing?
Of course! When you login as a teacher, you can click on the words Student Wellbeing Ambassador Programme – that will take you directly to the course. There is also a course specification so you can see the overview of the course.
How do I sign up for this course?
How do I start enroling my students?
Before you start enroling students it is worth asking your IT department to whitelist emails from these two domains:
Then, when you are ready to start adding students, there are three options:
- If you have a manageable number of students, you can enrol them manually – full instructions here.
- If you have a large number of students, you can enrol them in bulk using a CSV file – full instructions here.
- Finally, you can download a list of enrolment keys to hand out to your students in any way you wish – full instructions here.
How do I change the password / email address for one of my students?
- Login by using the Teacher login button on the homepage
- Click on the check-box to the left of the name of any of your students
- You will see the options to edit their details and/or send them a new password